Sunday, May 10, 2009

How do I talk to my partner about HPV?

You and your partner may benefit from talking openly about HPV. You can tell your partner that:

* HPV is very common. It can infect the genital areas of both men and women. It usually has no signs or symptoms and goes away on its own.
* Most sexually active people get HPV at some time in their lives, though most will never know it. Even people with only one lifetime sex partner can get HPV, if their partner had it.
* There is no test yet for men to find out if they have HPV. But the most common health problem caused by HPV in men is genital warts. The type of HPV found on your HPV test can cause cervical cancer in women; it does not cause genital warts.
* Partners who have been together for a while tend to share HPV. This means that your partner likely has HPV already, even though your partner may have no signs or symptoms.
* Having HPV does not mean that you or your partner is having sex outside of your relationship. There is no sure way to know when you got HPV or who gave it to you. A person can have HPV for many years before it is found.

If your sex partner is female, you should talk to her about the link between HPV and cervical cancer, and encourage her to get a Pap test to screen for cervical cancer.
Common Questions about HPV
Is there a treatment for HPV or abnormal cells?

There is no treatment for HPV (a virus). But there are treatments for abnormal cervical cells, which can be killed or removed. Treating abnormal cells will stop them from growing into cancer. But it may not remove the virus (HPV). That’s why it’s important to go back to your doctor as told, to make sure abnormal cells do not grow back. You may need to get Pap tests more often for a while. But most people do eventually fight the virus off.
Does having HPV or abnormal cervical cells affect my chances of getting pregnant or having healthy babies?

Having HPV or cell changes on your cervix does not make it harder to get or stay pregnant. The type of HPV that is linked to cancer should not affect the health of your future babies. But if you need treatment for your cell changes, the treatment could affect your chance of having babies, in rare cases. If you need treatment, ask your doctor if the treatment can affect your ability to get pregnant or have a normal delivery.
couple Will I pass HPV to my current partner?

If you have been with your partner for a while, your partner likely has HPV too. But your partner likely has no signs or symptoms of HPV. Partners usually share HPV, until your bodies fight it off naturally. There is no way to know if your partner gave you HPV, or if you gave HPV to your partner.
Can I prevent passing HPV to a new partner?

Condoms may lower your chances of passing HPV to your new partner, if used all the time and the right way. But HPV can infect areas that are not covered by a condom—so condoms may not fully protect against HPV. The only sure way to prevent passing HPV to a new partner is to not have sex.

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the Great Prophet for making me bear a child after 15 years of my marriage, i taught all hope was lost and my husband's family hated me because of not being able to get them a grandchild. Thanks to the Great Prophet for making me happy again. You can contact him on Email ; @ p a l a c e o f s o l u t i o n s @ g m a i l . c o m or WhatsApp @ +2348122910573 He can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I want to write a little review about the good work of doctor Ojamo, who cured me from HSV 1&2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be cured again and have a good life like others, I always regretted the day I got diagnose with this virus, I become lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it, Well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I went online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found dr Ojamo email dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com on a blog of someone who was cured by him,of the same herpes, so I quickly contacted him for help and explained all my pains to him, he told me not to worry about it there is a cure for real, I never believe until he sent me the herbs when I ordered for it and I got it within 5 working days that is how I took the medicine for 2 weeks and the following week I went for a test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life, I am so happy right now, and forever greatful, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through his whatsapp +2349077406037 or email address:: dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete